Human Xtensions is an Israeli public company developing technology in the field of robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery. We are looking for a Junior R&D Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical team.
The HX Mechanical team is responsible for the research and development of all the core components on the basis of our products. The team leads the design and implementation of the most advanced elements in compliance with medical standards and for a highly complex interdisciplinary surgical solution.
You will be an integral part of all product prototyping, development, integration, bring-up, and testing. This position requires agility, an open mindset, and a diversified skillset to head many different tasks and operations. If you are up for the challenge, don’t miss this opportunity, we’d love to have you on our team.
- Take responsibility for the development and design of new cutting-edge technologies for an innovative surgical platform.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, ranging from HW&SW designers, system engineers, marketing, operations teams, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Design, qualify, document, assemble and validate core products and test fixtures/Jigs.
- Undertaking relevant mechanical research.
- Performing general tests in the R&D Labs, including data collection and analysis.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 2 years experience in multidisciplinary device design and development.
- Previous experience in a medical device company – an advantage.
- Understanding and experience in design for manufacturing, design for experiments and testing, and assembly.
- Proficient in design tools such as SolidWorks and GD&T.
- Hands-on design experience of CNC & Plastic injection molded components – an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in both Hebrew and English.