Human Xtensions is a rapidly growing startup, developing breakthrough technology in the field of robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS). We’re looking for an awesome engineer to join our core mechanical team that is reshaping MIS.
The HX Mechanical department is responsible for the research and development of all the core components at the basis of our products. The department leads the design and implementation of the most advanced elements, in compliance to medical standards, and for a highly complex interdisciplinary surgical solution.
You will be an integral part of all product prototyping, development, integration, bring-up, and testing. This position requires agility, an open mindset, and a diversified skillset to head many different tasks and operations. If you are up for the challenge, don’t miss this opportunity, we’d love to have you on our team.
What you will be doing:
- Bring up of new products from a prototype level to a verified product that is ready for a production line (design for manufacturing)
- Evaluate designs via prototype testing – design for experiments, evaluation jigs
- Create specifications and component drawings, incoming inspections, assembly instructions
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams (SW, HW)
Requirements & skills
- Sc. degree in Mechanical engineering from a recognized university (M.Sc or higher preferred)
- 4-8 Years of engineering experience in Products Design and development processes
- Proficient in design tools such as Solidworks, GD&T and Tolerance analysis
- Strong understanding and experience in Design for Manufacturing, Testing & Assembly
- Good analytical skills to evaluate, develop and verify mechanical design (motor driven, gears, encoders)
- Experience in design for validation, testing and troubleshooting of mechanical parts during development process
It would be a great advantage if you are
- Experience in Consumer Goods and Multidisciplinary environment is preferred
- 2 years of experience in medical device company is preferred
- Hands-on design experience of CNC & Plastic injection molded components
- Experience in PDM/PLM, ERP software