Human Xtensions is a rapidly growing startup, developing breakthrough technology in the field of robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS). We’re looking for an awesome Project Manager to join our core R&D unit.
The HX R&D unit is responsible for initiating and developing of our products. Unit leads the design and implementation of the most advanced elements, in compliance with global medical standards, and for a highly complex interdisciplinary surgical solution.
As a Project Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in developing and bringing new products to the market, to make a positive impact on our customers. The PM will lead and support new/ongoing development projects, towards achieving the project milestones within scope and budget.
You will be an integral part of products’ prototyping, development, integration, bring-up, and testing. This position requires agility, an open mindset, strong and kind character, and a diversified skillset to head many different tasks and operations concurrently.
If you are up for the challenge, don’t miss this opportunity, we’d love to have you on our team.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of all project team activities – cost-benefit evaluations, projects’ initiation, GANTT fabrication and translating strategy into cross-functional integrated project plans
- Effectively lead, guide, manage, and mentor a team of internal and external cross functional resources to deliver the set project milestones and support the required regulatory submissions
- Prioritize the project tasks by identifying the critical path, remove any obstacles or barriers, resolve issues or conflicts to progress the project
- Anticipate and manage project risks and issues, and provide specific mitigation and corrective action strategies
- Define, monitor, and manage project budgets, including quarterly forecasting and monthly budget reporting
- Assist, as needed, the respective functional team member with contracting process for outsourced activities including review and approval of the contract as necessary according to the approved project budget
- The project manager is the R&D focal point for all company’s stakeholders as well as external suppliers and consultants
- Facilitate project team meetings, set agendas, publish meeting minutes, follow-up on action items, and maintain required project documentation.
- Develop presentations and communicate project status against key project milestones and budget for a broad set of stakeholders
- Lead ad-hoc projects and/or multidisciplinary task forces for ongoing development and/or refining of processes as needed
- Motivate and mentor the team to achieve set project objectives
- BS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or other related discipline) from a recognized university
- Preferred: Professional Project Management related certification (PMP, IPMA, or similar)
- At least 3 years of experience in the role of Project Manager in medical device’s industry
- Thorough understanding of Project Management practices, principles, and tools for medical device product development projects
- Good experience with Design Control process management with compliance to ISO 13485, FDA’s CFR 820 and IEC60601 standards
- Knowledge across the entire product development process from concept phase through design and development, design transfer, regulatory submission and approval, and launch
- Demonstrated project management skills in leading multi-disciplinary (mechanics, HW, SW), multi-regional teams to meet project goals
- Strong communicator (in English): written, verbal (one-on-one and group)