Human Xtensions is a rapidly growing startup, developing breakthrough technology in the field of robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS). We’re looking for an awesome engineer to join our core Embedded team that is reshaping MIS.
The HX Embedded team is responsible for developing all levels of the products, from HW and board design to firmware and software. This team leads the architecture and implementation of the most advanced elements, in compliance with global medical standards, and for a highly complex interdisciplinary surgical solution.
You will be an integral part of all product prototyping, development, integration, bring-up, and testing. This position requires agility, an open mindset, and a diversified skillset to head many different tasks and operations. If you are up for the challenge, don’t miss this opportunity, we’d love to have you on our team.
• Responsible for SW low level design and implementation:
• SW Infrastructures
• Low level drivers.
• Responsible for board and module bring-ups.
• Take part in designing, implementing and unit testing embedded features.
• Lead and deliver projects from early concept including:
• Researching, prototyping and POC.
• Effort estimation – derive projects to a list of tasks, estimate and build project GANTT.
• Design and implement complex SW modules from scratch.
• Building testing tools alongside the development process.
• Mentor other team members.
• Electrical\Computer Science engineer.
• 7+ years of experience with embedded SW development.
• Experienced with reading HW schematics, layout and understanding HW to SW interfaces.
• Experienced with building embedded products system architecture.
• Experienced with HW and SW debugging tools such as scopes, logic analyzer, logger, debuggers call stacks, SW registers and assembly code.
• Experienced with SW design methods including flow charts, UML sequence diagrams, state machines etc.
• Comfortable with building presentations and presenting to managers.
• Personal characteristics: Team player, highly motivated, delivers on time, willing to work in dynamic environment and a quick learner.
• Experienced with ARM cortex M4 micro-controller.
• Experienced with networking, IP stack over Embedded GSM\WIFI\Ethernet modules.
• Experience with leading projects from early stages.
• Proficient with RTOS (such as freeRTOS, RTX) and C language in embedded systems.
• Experience with Jira and\or agile scrum methodology.
• Experience with electro-mechanical systems or robotics – Sensors, BLDC Motors, Motor Control, UI, etc.
• Source control usage – Git\SourceTree.
• Familiar with agile scrum methodologies.
• Familiar in Matlab\C#\python – data analysis, GUI, communication, scripts, logging.
• Experience in the Medical Device or knowledge in Medical SW Regulation procedures.
• Leading experience such as scrum master, project manager or team leader.
• “Maker Mentality” – passion for creating staff