Human Xtensions is a rapidly growing startup, developing breakthrough technology in the field of robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS). We’re looking for a senior engineer to join our core embedded team that is reshaping MIS.
The embedded team is responsible for developing custom hardware and software for our current and next-generation connected robotic products. This team leads the architecture and implementation of the most advanced elements, in compliance with global medical standards, and for a highly complex interdisciplinary surgical solution.
You will be an integral part of product prototyping, development, integration, bring-up, and testing. Also, you will be responsible for developing SW for a robotic electrocautery device that will be inserted through a small incision into the abdominal cavity of an anesthetized patient for extended periods.
This position requires agility, an open mindset, and a diversified skill set to apply to a myriad of tasks and operations. If you are up for the challenge, don’t miss this opportunity, we want you on our team.
- Work closely with other teams to develop POC’s for new concepts and features.
- Design, develop and debug embedded SW infrastructure, modules, and drivers.
- Build test tools to aid in development and validation processes.
- Lead and deliver projects, detailing resource estimations and timelines.
- Act as a mentor for other team members.
- Participate in and lead code and design reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in embedded SW development.
- Highly skilled at coding in C/C++ and use of SW debugging tools.
- Experience working with bare metal as well as an RTOS on embedded systems.
- Familiar with wired communication interfaces (USART, I2C, SPI, USB…) and peripherals (TIM, DMA, GPIO, ADC…).
- Familiar with HW debugging tools; scope, logic analyzer, multimeter.
- Proficient in the use of source control (git or equivalent).
- Knowledge of SW design methods and documentation using flow charts, UML sequence and state machines.
- Ability to read and understand hardware schematics.
- Team player but also can work independently.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Experience defining embedded system architecture.
- Experience with ARM Cortex MCU’s.
- Familiarity with ARM Keil uVision suite.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming/design in multi-threaded environments and scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems, robotics, or closed-loop motor control.
- Familiarity with wireless communications interfaces (Bluetooth, WiFi…).
- Experience with medical device development and/or knowledge about medical device software regulations/procedures.
- Maker mentality.
- Experience with Jira and\or agile scrum methodology.